Also, the run time of your website will increase which will increase the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ranking of your website. Not only that, these websites are the most secure websites which cannot get hacked easily as they don’t have a backend and is very simple to the host.
What is a static site generator?
Even though a static site has the most amazing features one of the biggest drawbacks for some people can be the coding which people really struggle in. To avoid coding they usually use the high-end platform such as WordPress (dynamic site) and although it is the most popular platform but to create a simple website you really don’t need all these themes, the plugins, heavy coding, etc which will surely make your website’s loading time slow in comparison with other sites of these CMS (Content Management System).
Converting a WordPress website to a Static website:
WordPress is one of the most creative platforms that does offer numerous themes, plugins, and features which will take a lot of time to create but is worth it. People are shifting back to the origin i.e. static websites due to their high level of security and fastest speed. And to get your website rank this is one of the most important key features which we all want in our websites is it for personal or professional betterment.
Here is a step by step guide to achieve the static website if followed correctly:
1. Go to WordPress and login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Then click on add new plugin.
3. Search for Simply Static plugin and start the installation.
4. Activate it.
5. Go to settings and type your URL under “use absolute URLs” where your HTML website is stored.
6. Then click on “Zip Archive” and select “Save Changes”.
7. Click the Generate option under Simply Static.
8. Again click on “Zip Archive” and select “Save Changes”.
9. Click on the Generate option under Simply Static.
10. Click on Generate Static Files.
11. After the files will be generated select on “Click here to download” in the box.
12. A box will appear and select the Save File and click OK.
13. Go to the cPanel and then go to the File Manager.
14. Create a new folder under ‘public_html’ directory.
15. Go to public_html and then click on Upload button on top.
16. Select the already saved zip file which you have downloaded and click open.
17. After the file is uploaded, extract it.
18. Go to any browser and open your html website by typing the URL.
Your website is now live.
This is one of the easy ways of conversion of your website. If you want to migrate your website from one domain to another click here Migrate domain to read more about WordPress-related sites.
Also our web development company The Web Agency is dedicated to helping you in all sort of ways. If you have any questions regarding this blog or you want us to guide you related to any question, service or project inform us in the email provided.