Multiple WordPress websites on one server: To host multiple websites on a server not only provide an authority to the admin to manage the sites but will also help keep your network secure. This can be possible using WordPress Multisite which is a network of subsites and multisite which help you run plugins and themes with a single installation. It is very easy to figure out a multisite by their subdirectory or subdomain.
Now before knowing steps to have a WordPress multisite, let’s first know what exactly multiple WordPress websites on a server means. Here the difference is that every single site will be having its own admin page under the WordPress installation along with individual plugins and themes.
Setup WordPress Multisite:
1. In the terminal open wpconfig.php and under that you will find the comment line: define (‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true); and then save to wpconfig.php.
2. Go to your WordPress site and under tools select Create a Network of WordPress Sites and under that you will be provided with two options – Sub-domain and sub-directory. Choose the one that suits you.
3. Fill the network admin email and click install.
4. Copy the sub directory network and paste it in wp-config.php file.
5. Now in your network will be running on some web server let’s say Apache.
6. Find your access file or create one.
7. Now log in again and you will see sites option appearing on your screen.
How to manage Multisite on WordPress:
As an admin you control more than one site, so you need to grant access to the user and by doing that you will be allowing them to every single site. To separate the control with different roles you need plugins that will overcome the default.
1. User Role Editor:
With this plugin, you can edit, create or fill the users to a particular task and you can also restrict access to the site administrators in the pro version. Also, you can assign the role or even delete a user’s role accordingly.
2. Multisite Language Switcher:
With this powerful plugin you will be able to get a complete translation of your posts; pages etc which will help support your content.
3. Delete Me:
This plugin allows users to delete their information when they want to remove themselves from a specific role without affecting the rest of the roles or users.
4. Multisite Enhancement:
With this plugin, the administrator will not have to go to a specific site to update, install or disable the theme or plugin related to the website. It gives control to the admin on different site networks, blogs, etc.
5. WP Front User Role Editor:
Here only in the pro version you can manage, create, delete, sync, restore or edit the roles of the users.
6. Profile Press:
After installing a multisite extension you can use this plugin to create various types of forms such as user registration form, front-end login form, front-end password reset forms etc which will help users to activate themselves to the website.
7. Multisite User Sync:
The plugin helps sync or unsync the users from all the sites and then the admin will have the authority to limit their roles and to access more features you can also select the pro version of this plugin.
Benefits of WordPress Multisite:
1. With one installation you can have number of sites sharing same themes, plugins and even the URL.
2. Easy for the administrator to manage all the websites under one hosting account. Which will make it easier for the admin to control the activation, uninstall, or security process of a site.
3. It is cost-efficient as you just have to buy a single hosting account and with that, you can share the investment of various plugins and themes.
If you are confused related to this we will suggest you to choose multisite WordPress as it is very convenient if you are a businessman with a lot of websites to deal with. Monitoring your own website can give you a vision and even in this way traffic generated to your site will increase. To know more related to web development-based knowledge visit our website The Web Agency where you will find unlimited content related to WordPress and much more.